Michael Buesch wrote:
> I think the real question is: What does this "band edge" bit actually do?

Not entirely sure, and I don't think we've even seen a device where this
code path runs (it only runs if a certain bit is set in the EEPROM).
However, considering that this looks like it plays with some kind of
radio stuff, and it's simple to implement, it makes sense to at least
meet the behavior of the vendor driver (as opposed to violating some
weird regulation somewhere).

> I don't know what channel 1 and 11 have in common.

They are the edges of the channel range in most places.

 > Why don't we set the
> bit for channel 14? Isn't that an "edge", too?

The vendor driver is full of stuff like this, many corners have been
cut. Chances are that they just wanted to hit the edges in the common
domain while not breaking things for channel 12~14 users, and didn't go
the full way of implementing it accurately. I will email the developers
for clarification.

Daniel