On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Daniel Drake wrote:

> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>
> > Whereas earlier versions (latest tested
> > 83c15ac14de7a01633c07e1c68226c73f9c92421) work fine. A short look through
> > the
> > diffs reveal critical differences like read16 vs. read32, and changed
> > __packed__
> > attributes. Any idea what the likely reason can be?
>
> I'd suspect the packed attribute thing first, can you try reverting that
> patch?

Yes, reverting that commit fixes the problem. I don't understand the
comment there saying that those packed attributes were unneeded... From a
quick view they DO seem to be needed - those are indeed structs mapped on
data blocks received from hardware. The comment also refers to an email
from Stephen Hemminger, which I didn't find in ML archives. I think, it
should be reverted.

Thanks
Guennadi
---