>> Guennadi, you are probably right. The reason is that the gcc is aligning
>> embedded structures always to a word boundary on ARM. I didn't know about
>> that
>> and didn't care for while removing the packed attributes.

I have written a patch which should solve the problem.

It is available from http://www.deine-taler.de/zd1211/zd1211.git .

Branch master should work with 2.6.18 and branch wireless-dev with 2.6.19.

The patch itself can be downloaded from:

http://www.deine-taler.de/git/?p=zd1211.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=62b8442c4a52f5263a33be490c1d60cd95eacafb;hp=6c13c9abd8b0e0bafe8e94ec4d0aa1e726afb1f9

Cheers,

Uli

--