Jeff Sadowski wrote:
> ah I read it supported master. :-P
> Why do they say it supports master on wikipedia
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Open_Source_Wireless_Drivers

It says "No" in the master column.

> I bought the http://www.airlink101.com/products/awll3026.html
>
> It was the only one on your list I could find a place to buy from :-?

I usually stick some product codes into froogle and find several results.

Jeff Sadowski wrote:
 > Am I to understand there are 2 drivers?
 >
 > I see the page
 >
 > http://zd1211.wiki.sourceforge.net/ from the sourcefourge
 > and the page here
 > http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/zd1211rw

The first link you pasted states that there are not 2, but 3 drivers.
All of them are unmaintained and various degrees of broken except
zd1211rw which is clean and actively developed (but lacks some lesser
common features at current point in time).