Hello,
I added:
blacklist zd1211rw
to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
and , when there zd1201rw and zd1201 modules are not loaded,
I tried plugging the zd1211 USB nic.
None of the two drivers were insmoded.

lsmod | grep zd
gives nothing.

I wonder: which kernel are you using ?
"uname -r" gives "2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64" on my machine.

When plugging the usb nic I see this in the syslog:

kernel: usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
kernel: usb 1-4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
kernel: usb 1-4: New USB device found, idVendor=0ace, idProduct=1211
kernel: usb 1-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=16, Product=32, SerialNumber=0
kernel: usb 1-4: Product: USB2.0 WLAN
kernel: usb 1-4: Manufacturer: ZyDAS

but that's all I get.

Any idea? I am bewildered.