julien cubizolles a écrit :
> Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 23:53 +0100, Benoit PAPILLAULT a écrit :
>
>> julien cubizolles a écrit :
>>
>> What could be tried as a workaround is to comment the code that trigger
>> the disconnect and see what happens. The code is located in
>> net/mac80211/mlme.c : comment ieee80211_set_disassoc(sdata);
>>

> I tried, it didn't help. The connection still gets dropped but the
> driver crashes...
>
> I'm back to the stock driver from 2.6.31-18 in ubuntu (no backports
> modules, no compat-wireless package) : it never disconnects. I managed
> to fix the only problem (bitrate of 1Mb/s) by tweaking
> /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/01ifupdown
> to set it to 48M by default. I can live with that. Maybe I'll look at
> the differences in the disassociation code when I have the time.
>
> Amitiés,
>
> Julien.

I've checked the difference between 2.6.31-18 and 2.6.33-rc6-wl which
I'm using and do not found much differences in the driver code except :
rate table (needed by minstrel), retry count register (reduced from 2 to
0), BSSID (only in my tree). For mac80211, there are lots of
differences, so I cannot tell.

I've run an iperf client on my laptop for several hours and :
- first disconnect after 2h30
- second disconnect after 3h (some beacon loss messages after only 2h)
- third disconnect after 15min

My feeling is that either something is wrong in the RX path (so beacons
are properly sent by the AP, but not received by zd1211rw and as such,
not received by mac80211) or we transmit so much that the AP cannot
transmit beacon anymore.

I'll do more test. What TX throughput do you achieve (specifically
during ftp upload) ?

Regards,
Benoit