WS,

Thank you for providing information. As every one knows that marking or
adding breakpoints in a audio is a time consuming job and also hard. But any
way we have to do this job like this way. I am very much interested for this
job specially for Urdu translation. Unfortunately I do not have any Urdu
recitation in high quality and I tried hard to get it from internet also but
did not succeed. I have only 64kbps Urdu recitation. I will proceed, but I
want to confirm few things first.

(1) Is the quality (64kbps) of mp3  OK.
(2) As I understood, highlighting of the Arabic & translated text (eg. Urdu
text) in the Zekr software is done by audio change over, thats why we need
mp3 aya by aya splited. So my question is that, we need Urdu recitation also
aya by aya separately or along with Arabic recitation. In my view first one
will be more flexible and can be selected with any Arabic recitation, but
how it will be implemented in the actual program, is not clear to me. Second
one, that is making aya by aya mp3 which also has Urdu recitation in each
splited mp3 is very easy to implement (just replace all the mp3 file in
audio folder) and works fine.

Please clarify me these things, so that I can start working on the splitting
job with the confidence that my work will not be wasted.

Thanks

Regard-
Zainul

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Mohsen Saboorian <mohs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Salaam,
>
> There are some tools developed by VerseByVerseQuran project to ease
> splitting an mp3 into several files. What you should do is to
> 1. Download and run this
> tool<http://www.everyayah.com/data/Tools/CustomVerseByVerseQuranSplitTool.zip>
>  (if
> you are unable to run, download and install .Net framework).
> 2. Open an mp3 file you want to split (press ".." button and open file).
> 3. Now press "Play" and listen carefully to it. When an aya is finished and
> before the next one is started, press "Add Breakpoint". Be careful if you
> want to take a rest when splitting a file. Playing Pause and Play again will
> start recitation from the beginning.
> 4. Once you filled the list of breakpoints with time items (they are in
> millisecond), press export and save timings in a .txt file
> 5. These steps should be done on all your mp3 files. For example if you
> have 30 juz-by-juz mp3, steps should be following 30 times.
>
> The rest of the work can be done automatically. You can do it yourself or
> send us .txt time files + all original mp3s; We can then split them with a
> few command lines or this Java
> program<http://www.everyayah.com/data/Tools/split_java_batch_program/>
>  + mp3splt <http://www.everyayah.com/data/Tools/mp3splt-2.1-win32.zip>.
> Note that it's recommended to split with the best quality of the
> recitation available to you (128 or 192kbps).

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Zainul Aabdin
> <zainul.aab...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Walekum Assalam...............................
>> I think on internet, we can find many recitation in many different
>> languages. I am interested in Urdu and I have one by Abul Aala Maudidi, but
>> the main problem is that how to split aya by aya quickly. I like very much
>> the function and flexibility of the Zekr program. But I think people like
>> more to listen recitation along with translation and that is missing in
>> Zekr. I am very much interested in this and I will do this job if you guide
>> me that how I should proceed.
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Mohsen Saboorian <mohs...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Salaam,
>>>
>>> There is no parallel recitation feature available yet, nor do we have any
>>> Urdu recitation.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mohsen
>>>
>>>  --