Wa Alaikumassalaam wr wb,

Your file may not be downloaded correctly. Try to open .recit.zip files with
a normal archive manager and extract its content. If you succeed, Zekr
should also be able to unzip them.

Even a portion of your zip file is downloaded correctly, you may use that
part in Zekr with a little manipulation:
1. go to ~/.zekr/audio
2. unzip content of xyz.recit.zip into that folder.
3. you should have a file recitation.properties. rename it to xyz.properties
(where xyz is the base name of your recitation archive: xyz.recit.zip).
4. run Zekr and listen to this new recitation.

Regards,
Mohsen