On Thursday, June 22 donald hwong (JMJM) wrote: [JMJM...]After BodhiDharma brought the "teaching without words and formalities" to China, this Buddhist teaching is slowly mixed with the Daoiest teaching, which states, "Any description of path is not the path." This mix is then called Chan. then brought to Japan 600 years later and prounced Zen. We noticed this not only in the teaching of the Third Patriarch, also in the difference of chakra positions and the related Chi(Qi) channels of Indian and Daoiest practices. Dao, as you know is the origin of accupuncture, herbal medicine, etc. ...balance snipped...
Thanks for the informative post. I enjoyed reading it. I too believe zen evolved from a mix of Indian Buddhism and Chinese Taoism. I also think the style of zen we primarily see in the West has been heavily influenced Japanese culture. Korean zen is also now taking a firm hold in the West and it does have some refreshing differences. I personally haven't encountered any Chinese-style ch'an teachers. I would like to meet and talk with one. I live in Thailand. Do you or anyone else on the Forum know of any zen/ch'an teachers here? Thanks...Bill! ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today! Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
