--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "yogavajra" <> I end up just saying a few
small prayers and dedications and rise from the meditation seat feeling let
down thinking 'what if this carries on, I am never going to liberate my mind
just sitting there like a piece of wood!'

from my own experience - it sounds like you think of practice as a
goal-setting sort of thing with a scorecard.  To me, my practice has no
goal, no projected "pay-off". Just sitting and whatever happens,
happens. My "advice" (whatever value that has) - is to just relax - the
process will take care of itself.  Don't be hard on yourself, there no
scorecards. Hoping this helps