*with palm together*
Hwong Xiangsung, xie xie ni

Thank you for the greeting. I came across your site just last night.
I found it most interesting. I would be very interested in learning
more about the AZ sect. One of the reasons I seek this is; I want to
bring more balance to my training and teaching. As you say much of
the "spiritual" side has been closed or lost due to the repressions
of the government.

As far as the drills. They are similer to a few drills that I
learned at some point doing training. But not those exact one. One
of the simple drills I teach my students is called Pa Lum Gum. it is
a set of 5 breathing drills for releasing stale chi and building
new. As our side is marital and health based we do more chi building
drills for our movements. One base system is 18 Lohans, based on the
drills developed by Da Mo to give the Monks better health to
practice their meditations.

There is little seating meditation within our system. The amount of
meditation that is there is standing or in a squat stance or kneeing.

thank you for sharing your path, I hope to learn more.
*palms together bow*

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, donald hwong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> *bow* to you from another Shao Lin Chan practitioner.
> As you know, Communist dispersed all the monks in Shao Lin except
the martial art practitioners. Fortunately, the Shao Lin Sitting
Chan flurished in Taiwan.
> Several years ago, my Master from Taiwan was invited to teach in
Shao Lin of Sitting Chan.
> On our website, you shall find 3 of the 36 Motion Zen taught by
Bodhidharma.  I wonder how similar are they to your practice. These
practices are for the preparation of Sitting Chan only.
> Our Sitting Chan practice is here.
> Welcome and a bow,
> Donald
> _/\_
wrote:                                  *bow*