Welcome Zen, *Bow*. It is good that you have come to this group. I too was
originally interested in Zen through the Martial Arts, unfortunately because of
school conflicts I would end up giving it up. However, again I say welcome and
I wish you well.

  Peace,
  Allen

Zen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          *bow*
Greetings everyone. I am new here. Thank you to the mod. for
allowing me to join. I was asked to do an intro.

I am called Zen on-line ( and off at times ) for several reasons I
will not bore you with.
I come to the Philosophy of Zen via Shaolin Chan. I am a teacher in
the Shaolin Arts. (Northern Shaolin Tai Chi Praying Mantis, Chi
Gong) It is interesting there is a picture of Carridine in your
files. My Sifu(teacher)is also his teacher in real life. His coach
is a classmate of mine. It is amazing how many spirits his TV
persona touched.

I have been involved with the philosophical aspects of Zen for many
years. More with the mind and spirit of "zen" than doing zazen. My
Sifu said many times, "one should not have to stare at a wall to
have and carry peace within them" It has been our way/goal to carry
the mind state of Tai Chi whilst going about everyday life.

Within Chi Gong/Shaolin study we have several positions of
meditation. It is understandable how the Shaolin arts are physical
zen or some call a moving meditation. One of our tai chi drills is
very very close to Zen walking meditation. Mindfullness is a way of
life. In fact, those of us you have been in the art for more than
fighting understand is is a way of peace and a way of life.
I have a classmate who refers to it as a way of love. Do to the
respect and compassion for all things, we understand our connection
with all things.

I am a beginner, the more I know, the more I know I do not know, I
am here seeking or more so following the Tao that has presented
itself to me more so in the last few years. The more I am open to it
the more I learn my path is long. This is one step of many on a
perhaps endless trail. Therefore to me more about the journey than
the destination.

I have found that many of my students who attend my classes are
there for more than a way of combat. If fact I insist on it. Those
who are not are sent away. Yet I feel lacking my Tao or Dhrama
teaching skills I guess you could say. I am here is learn, I am on
the path to prepare myself for my teacher. I am here as a student to
be a better teacher.

I have been getting further instruction in Zazen at a couple of
local centers, but not not feel as though they are "home". More of
rest stops or a side of the road shrine.

I have a small blog is anyone is interested in my simple life and
pursuit of wisdom and adventures in the Tao.
http://zensekai.wordpress.com

Also a sailing blog where at times I shared a bit my brief insight
to the the Art of Zen/Tai Chi/Feng Shui/Kung Fu and sailing.
http:zensekai.blogspot.com

Thank you for allowing me this space and your time spent reading.
I hope to contribute to this site in what way I can with my limited
knowedge. I'm am sure to learn more than I give, forgive me if I am
off times simply reading.

My respects to all. I am honored to be here.
*bow*

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.