*bow*

Thank you for the welcome. I am grateful for your taking the time to
do so. It makes a difference weather people are aware of it or not
to acknowledge a newcomer and greet them, is the same as all the
fomallity of bowing to cushions and alters. In fact IMHO more so
people are alive, cushions are not. We all have the need to feel
welcome.

Thank you for acknowledging my spirit.

*bow*

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Welcome Zen, *Bow*. It is good that you have come to this group. I
too was originally interested in Zen through the Martial Arts,
unfortunately because of school conflicts I would end up giving it
up. However, again I say welcome and I wish you well.

>   Peace,
>   Allen
>
> Zen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>           *bow*
> Greetings everyone. I am new here. Thank you to the mod. for
> allowing me to join. I was asked to do an intro.
>
> I am called Zen on-line ( and off at times ) for several reasons I
> will not bore you with.
> I come to the Philosophy of Zen via Shaolin Chan. I am a teacher
in
> the Shaolin Arts. (Northern Shaolin Tai Chi Praying Mantis, Chi
> Gong) It is interesting there is a picture of Carridine in your
> files. My Sifu(teacher)is also his teacher in real life. His coach
> is a classmate of mine. It is amazing how many spirits his TV
> persona touched.
>
> I have been involved with the philosophical aspects of Zen for
many
> years. More with the mind and spirit of "zen" than doing zazen. My
> Sifu said many times, "one should not have to stare at a wall to
> have and carry peace within them" It has been our way/goal to
carry
> the mind state of Tai Chi whilst going about everyday life.
>
> Within Chi Gong/Shaolin study we have several positions of
> meditation. It is understandable how the Shaolin arts are physical
> zen or some call a moving meditation. One of our tai chi drills is
> very very close to Zen walking meditation. Mindfullness is a way
of
> life. In fact, those of us you have been in the art for more than
> fighting understand is is a way of peace and a way of life.
> I have a classmate who refers to it as a way of love. Do to the
> respect and compassion for all things, we understand our
connection