Karma is taught in our school as an unregulated Chi, or disturbed Chi,
or Chi blockage.  There are karma of present generation and of previous
lives (energy never die).  All discomfort, not resulted from injury, are
cause by karmic blockage.  This is the basis of acupuncture.

Retardation is a human term for severe cases of karmic blockage.

A combination of proper Motion Chan and Sitting Chan helps to smooth out
the karmic blockage.  An dedicated practitioner can help to reduce the
karmic blockage.  An enlightened master can eliminate the karma, present
or past life.  They differ in percentage of effectiveness.

In our school, after 4-5 years of practice, majority of the
practitioners can experience some karmic effect.  That is, I ache where
you ache, even at remote locations.  Then, we truly witness we are
connected as well as we are all ONE.

Dalai Lama said, "Compassion is the willful undertaking the karma of
others."  He meant spiritually as well as manifested physically.

JM