Bill,
     Thank you for answer to my post... I always enjoy your insight.
It sounds like the lay people of Tibet get screwed either way.  I
guess they don't consider it that way, if it is the only way they
know. I try to look at it as a dis-interested observer, but we can
only feel compassion for others in their suffering. Wether that
suffering be self-induced or not.