Bill and Chuck,
"Wash your bowls" is as good as any non-logical statement, I guess. However,
`ordinary mind is the Way` seems to allow for logic to be used as a means to
showing the Truth. Furthermore, the gates to the Dharma are "countless" which
also seems to imply that nothing (including logic/knowledge/science) should be
rejected as a means to illustrating the Truth. Indeed, the Buddhist sutras use
many logical statements/stories to point to the Way. That`s why I prefer the
Zen `method` of asking someone a logical question and just before they give an
answer cup your hand over their mouth. I think the space/silence just before we
speak transcends logic and directly connects us to our Original Face. In a
nutshell, I believe this is what (somewhat) separates Zen from Buddhism - the
direct over the (sometimes) conceptual. Mike.

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html