Al, I'm not sure if this post is because of some of my recent postings, but when I talk about Buddhism and Christianity my intention is not to blend the two together. As you know I don't consider myself a Buddhist or a Christian, and I'm not trying to mix the two. The intent of my post is to show some of the similarities between the two, especially those that I believe relate to zen, which as you also know I don't consider to be a exclusive to Buddhism or a sub-set of Buddhism. I'd bring up similarities with other religions (Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc...) but I don't know much about them. The only two religions I've had experience in is Christianity and Buddhism.
For what it's worth...Bill! From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fitness63 Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 7:35 AM To: [email protected] Subject: [Zen] Shango/Voodoo Santeria is a mixture of African witchcraft and Christianity. Some members of this group want to do the same thing to Buddhism and I think that is very sad. Instead of raising yourself up, you are lowering Buddhism to your level. ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
