From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > I'm not trying to mix the two. The intent of
my post is to show some of the similarities between the two, especially
those that I believe relate to zen, which as you also know I don't consider
to be a exclusive to Buddhism or a sub-set of Buddhism. >
I was on another Buddhist group which is very victimization oriented and
which only wants people of a certain ethnic group to participate. There were
several members claiming that Voodoo, Shango, Santeria, etc. were a great
way to practice Buddhism.
I was apoplectic and posted my objection. Voodoo, Shango, Santeria rely very
heavily on animal sacrifices, drinking of blood, eating the meat of the
sacrificed animals, etc.,
I cannot imagine anything further away from Buddhism than Voodoo, especially
since it also makes the priest an intemediary for any contact to a higher
power and for self-knowledge. In Voodoo/Shango, etc., it all flows from the
priest/priestess. These are very shady religions at best.
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/