To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 15 October, 2008 19:50:26
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: TNH - Fifty Verses of the Nature of Consciousness. Part
4, Sense Consciousness

Mark, Mike and Mayka,

I'd like to acknowledge my agreement with you about the great chasm that
necessarily exists between zen and intellectualization .

I'd also like to assure all of you that the current discussion thread on
Causality, with is mainly between Edgar and me, has nothing at all to do
with zen or Zen Buddhism as far as I'm concerned.  It is exactly as you've
characterized it - head-candy.  I call it verbal Sudoku.  The Zen Forum is
not an appropriate place for us to have this discussion, and at least on my
part I'm willing to shut it down.

The thread was a divergence from a legitimate discussion on a topic that is
appropriate to zen and Buddhism, the concept of karma.  Causality is a kind
of value-free version of karma.

Thanks for reminding me of the purpose of the forum and the boundaries that
should be respected.

P.S.  For some reason I'm not getting any of Mayka's or Mike's postings.  I
get Zen Forum postings sent directly to me via email.  I only see the
postings when someone, like Mark, responds and I see the original posting
embedded in his post.  I've asked Al to look into this before, but there has
been no explanation.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Or can anyone else
offer any possible explanations or suggestions?