Hello Anthony,

It is my understanding that Suzuki Roshi's wife was frightened by a visitor
or a workman's eyes and actions and Suzuki Roshi told her that she should
have compassion for everyone.  He came home one day to find her murdered by
the man she was afraid of.  I remember when I read this it gave me chills.

JODY