Hello there;

I'm familiar with koans from the zen soto tradition.  I'm opened to hear
anything that any members have to say about this subject.  Though have to say
from begining that my interest here is about the insight experience such of
such koan gives to one.  I understand that insight can vary from person to
person.  I quite like Bill insight summarising your koan as: "Just this".

I can only give a kind of superficial description about first sensations and
passing thoughts while reading your koan.

First Thought
The slap to the lady: No doubts this comes from a showinist culture in which
the man is the master and the lady comes below him.

Second Sensation:
Awareness of in and out breathing while sitting down dissolves the  form of the
opposite sexes femenine and masculine.  On its place appears two zen students
trying to figure out to give a description of the dharma through the form of a
slap. But everytime they try to do so it comes out as defectous losing on the
way its own reality.

It's an interesting koan which can lead to many different insights including
that of the deep listening, openeness and disolution of the ego.  However, all
this written could be well coming through own mental fabrication.

Mayka