From: Chris Austin-Lane <ch...@austin-lane.net>
Subject: Re: [Zen] New member.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 9 October, 2010, 8:25 AM

Indeed:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caodong

Dogen brought Caodong Zen to Japan, indeed.  His book, Shobogenzo, is a
compilation of talks on various aspects of Zen, how to sit, how to arrange a
monastery, can women be enlightened, what is the difference between the rice
and the picture of rice, that sort of thinig.

--Chris

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Anthony Wu <wu...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

Chris,

Frankly, I am not familiar with Dogen. Was he Japanese? If so, he was not the
founder, because Soto Sect comes from China. As far as I can recall, So-to
consists of two words, representing two men. I may be wrong. Can you give a
brief introduction of Dogen?

Anthony