From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.j...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Zen] SSSSS
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, zenliv...@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 11 October, 2010, 2:59 PM

Good morning Everyone,

It does sound harsh and mean when I said, "Sit down. Shut up. Stop
Thinking..." Doesn't it. :-P

Perhaps it is time for me to continue with these S's and add some more??

No different from Buddhist practice of "discipline, meditation,
wisdom", "Sit down. Shut up and Stop Thinking" is just a pre-requisite
same as "discipline". Besides as you all know, the phrase "Sit Down and
Shut up" was actually introduced by someone much more notorious than I
am. ;-)

To be correct, I should have stated, "Sit down. Shut up. Stop
thinking. Start belly-breathing. Sense your breath." or just
"S.S.S.S.S." in short.

When we do all the S's, let us specially focus on the last one. Sense
our breath all the way down our legs, to our knees and our toes. Then
sense this breath through out our organs, all major energy points, our
energy channels, etc. Once we are able to sense this breath throughout
our entire body, then we have surpassed the karmic "Hindrance of our Body".

This "sense" is done with our Inner Awareness or our Inner Self. This
"breath" is called prana in yoga and chi in Chan, or Yellow Emperor's
Inner Canon. Please wiki these terms.

As we stop thinking, we are detaching from all forms, we are cultivating
our innate awareness through the practice of sensing our chi. As this
awareness is enhanced, we be able to observe our mind with it. As we
become clearly aware of every notion of our mind, then we have surpass
the karmic "Hindrance of our Mind".

Then our heart will shine. Heart is where our Inner Self reside. It is
through this heart, we connect with the heart of the universe, so to be
connected with its energy and wisdom, for our body, heart and spirit.
At this stage, we become pure wisdom, pure compassion and pure joy.

Then only the karmic "Hindrance of Spirit" remain, which will be
addressed in future post when causal relations mature.

Surpassing The Three Karmic Hindrances is what Buddhist called, Surpass
The Three Eons.

Thank you for your attention.
JMJM
Head Teacher