Mayka Dear,

Yes, having unobstructed chi flow enhances our awareness to phenomena
inside and outside of us.  This is recorded in the oldest Chinese bible
for Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Yellow Emperor's Inner Canon.

The original Chinese text for awareness also means, feel, sense, awaken,
discover.  And these functions are all part of Shen, according to Yellow
Emperor's Inner Canon.  The Shen in Chinese also means God, or Inner Divine.

Therefore, TCM teaches us, the ultimate goal for perfect well being, is
to to cultivate this Inner Divine, for it to monitor our body and
thinking so that all our actions stays in the middle.

Chan brings this concept a step further by stating, as we truly live in
balance, our heart will shine through.

It is our heart that has the power to affect, move and transform, much
more so than logic or theory.  Heart is powerful because it functions
directly with the heart of others, bypassing the mind.

Besides, we all know, including scientists, that our heart affects our
mind much more so than the other way around.

It is our heart that matters.  It can feel, sense, vibrate with the same
energy as the universe.

Let our heart be the master and the mind be the tool.

Thank you,
JMJM
Head Teacher
Order of Buddha Heart