From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Reality in Buddhism not necessarily illusory
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 6 November, 2010, 12:12

> Hi ED:
>
> Every time I've tried to explain the differences between illusion and reality
> my mind seems to get entangled, like in clear sunny day coming all of a
> sudden a thick mist.
Hi Mayka,
And, so what if your mind gets confused? You may not be able to satisfactorily
explain the difference between illusion and reality - but then neither can
anyone else. However, I believe that, in living your life, you have no problem
telling the difference.
> The other day as soon I sent the posting to the web I wondered: Wouldn't be
> another illusion to make distinctions between illusions and reality?
>From the very beginning, no illusion, no reality:  "In the Bible it is said
>that "In the Beginning, there was the Word," but in the deepest realm of Zen
>meditation there is no single word."  --Nanrei Kobori-Rohi (1918-1992)

> Today I see you in a new light. Thank you for being there with all your
> massive questioning and never answer one, hehe...!
>
> Mayka
As Suzuki Roshi has pointed out, the Zen Mind is like the Beginner's Mind, with
many, many possibilities. Perhaps, Mayka, you are developing a Zen mind. I
had wrongly judged you as having the mind of an expert -with very, very few
possiblities in it. ;-)