Rose,

Surely your mummy and daddy raised you to feel/think that you were/are a
princess and very, very special, (more special than all the other little
girls who were also raised by their mummies and daddies to feel/think
that they were princesses and very, very special?) No?

--ED

PS: Bill, in your estimation how many decades of zazen does it take to
diffuse the stink of the self's deluded feelings of specialness?

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Rose P <things_r...@...> wrote:

> I saw this article Ed. As a British woman, I would prefer less
adventure in my life, and don't mind housework :) Adventure imo is waaay
overrated - maybe this is why some of these women feel unsatisfied, they
believe they're missing out on something. As for wearing red, I've never
noticed a difference in mood from doing this. Maybe I'll give it another
try...lol.

> Rose

> Would zazen cure their malaise?  --ED

> Millions of British women bored by their lives because of 'endless
housework, no money and a dull sex life'

> By Daily Mail Reporter
> 11th November 2010
> Millions of women have complained they are stuck in a rut because
their lives are too ordinary, new research claimed yesterday.

> Six in ten disenchanted women in Britain say a lack of money, boredom
with the same routine and appearance and a general humdrum has made
their lives deathly dull.

> Of the 4,000 women polled, 28 per cent said they felt more 'ordinary'
than they did five  years ago.

> Stuck in a rut: Women complained a lack of adventure and endless
housework had turned their lives humdrum
> The report reveals how a 'malaise' is affecting the way women look,
feel and style themselves and their surroundings.

> The unsatisfied lot blamed a limited social life and lack of adventure
in style and the bedroom as the key reasons for their malaise.

> A lack of confidence which makes women feel insecure about how witty
or clever they feel was also blamed.

> To make it worse, four in ten women are dreading a winter of
discontent as they say the cold season is when they feel most average.
> A quarter of women admit that feeling generic affects their confidence
and holds them back in life and work.

> One in five fret that their dress sense is slipping and fear they are
starting to look like their mothers.

> The report came from research carried out by fashion internet site
very.co.uk.

> The general malaise is also infecting women's wardrobes with black
being the most common colour in half of women's wardrobes.

> Those polled also admit to a pedestrian uniform of jeans and a t-shirt
(37 per cent) or an unflattering ensemble of jogging bottoms and a
cardigan (35 per cent), with only one in ten women regularly wearing
something bright and bold.

> Something as simple as wearing red can boost a woman's confidence,
according to research
> Behavioural expert Judi James said: 'The research shows how easy it is
for us to fall into an ordinary trap. Worrying about jobs and finances
makes us want to take fewer risks which in turn can make us feel more
ordinary and have an affect on our happiness, confidence and
self-esteem.

> 'Making small but regular changes like breaking bland habits,
consciously adjusting body language to be more upbeat, and using
mood-enhancing colours in both dress and decor can be an easy and
instant way to reboot positivity and happiness levels.'Â Â

> The report, entitled Very Ordinary Britain, quizzed women aged 18 to
65 on how happy they were with different aspects of their life.

> A lack of time, energy and a fear of speaking up and rocking the boat
means that one woman in three is sticking with the status quo.Â

> Most claim they are happy in their current relationships - but one in
ten felt like they could do with ditching their current partner and
having a change.

> A fifth said they were bored of their sex life, while 48 per cent said
they would be happier with life if they had more decent clothes to
wear. Â

> More than half said they would feel better if they treated themselves
to a whole new wardrobe or a make-over.

> Nearly all admit that adding colour to their appearance makes them
feel happier and more attractive to the opposite sex. A third (32 per
cent) think wearing colours has helped them in job interviews, and a
fifth (21 per cent) think it makes them work harder.Â

> For two fifths of women, wearing the colour red is the biggest counter
to feeling extraordinary.

> A disenchanted four in ten said they would do things differently if
they had their life again and a quarter said they would be happier if
they were more spontaneous - with half wishing they could book the next
flight at an airport.

> Gareth Jones, retail director of very.co.uk, said: "We understand it
is easy to slip into routines of ordinary dressing and in turn this can
make females, in particular, feel quite uninspired.'
> WHY WOMEN FEEL STUCK IN A RUT
>

> Never have enough money
> Same routine
> Boring dress sense
> Lack of social life
> Endless housework
> Eating the same things at mealtimes
> Lack of holidays
> Boring job
> No new hobbies or interests
> Dull sex life
> Source: Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328816/Millions-British-women-b\
ored-lives-endless-housework-money-dull-sex-life.html