So is "just this". k ;) --- On Thu, 1/13/11, Bill! <[email protected]> wrote:
From: Bill! <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [Zen] Differences Tao/Chan, which older To: [email protected] Date: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 4:05 AM Science is a belief system...Bill! --- In [email protected], Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.jmjm@...> wrote: > > Hello TMSO, > > I would say both are NOT believe systems. > > From my limited understanding, Tao is a system, or school well > documented. It primarily focuses on attaining immortality. I mean with > herbs, exercises, etc. etc. > > Chan is just a nick name for the entire universe for thousands of > years. I was curious to its origin many years ago. I dug here and > there and could not find an answer. Even Wikipedia stated, if I > remember correctly, "the original of Chan can not be traced." > > Chan did not have an official teaching order until BodhiDharma showed > up. But my teacher often pointed out how incomplete are some of the > Buddhist interpretation. > > Our school is really about direct, really is direct, experience. That's > all. > > Sorry, these are my best answers. JM > > Be Enlightened In This Life - We ALL Can > http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com > http://www.heartchan.org > > > On 1/12/2011 2:57 PM, taomtnsage1 wrote: > > > > To Jue Miao Jing Ming- Could you please tell me some of the > > differences between Tao and Chan. Also, which belief system developed > > first. Thanks for your help...taomtnsage1@... > > <mailto:help...taomtnsage1%40yahoo.com> > > > > >
