Greetings Rose and forum

--- On Fri, 14/1/11, Rose P <> wrote:

ROSE: Is this something to do with the fact that we're all practising, and
no-one really ever actually achieves beginners mind 100%? But still, beginners
mind is something that we might agree is a goal (not the right word) of

MEL: The beginner's mind is there, and was always there. It will never go away,
but it does get covered by desires, demands, and other short-comings we place
upon ourselves

ROSE: Conversely, trying to assess the minds of others would seem to be fraught
with mucho danger! Sometimes we're bang on, most of the time we're not. This I
know from personal experience.

MEL: Of course. Habitual/regular mind-reading (eg. in romance) would be quite
unnatural for a Zen way of life. We have eyes and ears, and what we see or
hear, is what we get

ROSE: If I was given flowers and chocolates I suspect that my automatic thought
would be - wow, what did I do to deserve these? So I guess the cynicism would
be towards myself, not towards the giver.

MEL: Or, a woman could/would think...

- he moving in on me? I don't even like him!
- I hate flowers, and I'm tryin' to lose some freakin' weight!(*big laughter)
- Oh s**t, how do I brush this guy off?

in peace