Bill,

You are saying, 'if I am Having Lunch I am not eating khao pat gung. Then I am 
Eating Khao Pat Gung. Thank you.

Anthony

--- On Fri, 14/1/11, Bill! <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Bill! <[email protected]>
Subject: [Zen] Re: So what should I do?
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, 14 January, 2011, 8:41 AM







 



  


    
      
      
      Anthony,



If your are Just Sitting you are not counting or following your breath.  Then 
you are Counting Breath or Following Breath.



...Bill!



--- In [email protected], Anthony Wu <wuasg@...> wrote:

>

> Bill,

> 

> Old story. It is just the other way around. Shikan=just; taza=sitting. It is 
> a technique to help you count and follow the breath. 

> 

> Shikantaza is very colloquial in Chinese. It can be heard in conversation of 
> schoolboys. The Japanese borrowed the word and made it an addition to their 
> native language, just as you borrow Latin words. So they added other concepts 
> to shikantaza. I can also add a concept of daydreaming to shikantaza.

> 

> Anthony

> 

> --- On Thu, 13/1/11, Bill! <BillSmart@...> wrote:

> 

> From: Bill! <BillSmart@...>

> Subject: [Zen] Re: So what should I do?

> To: [email protected]

> Date: Thursday, 13 January, 2011, 7:07 PM

> 

> 

> 

> 

> 

> 

> 

>  

> 

> 

> 

>   

> 

> 

>     

>       

>       

>       Ed,

> 

> 

> 

> Yes.  Counting or following the breath is not shikantaza.  These are 
> techniques that are sometimes used to get you to shikantaza.

> 

> 

> 

> ...Bill!

> 

> 

> 

> --- In [email protected], "ED" <seacrofter001@> wrote:

> 

> >

> 

> > 

> 

> > 

> 

> > Bill -

> 

> > 

> 

> > Counting breaths is not Shikantaza.  Yes?

> 

> > 

> 

> > Following the breath without counting is not Shikantaza.   Yes?

> 

> > 

> 

> > Thanks,

> 

> > 

> 

> > - ED

> 

> > 

> 

> > 

> 

> > 

> 

> > --- In [email protected], "Bill!" <BillSmart@> wrote:

> 

> > >

> 

> > > Sit. Sit zazen, which for me implies shikantaza - clear mind.

> 

> >

>





    
     

    
    


 



  





Reply via email to