--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Wu <wuasg@...> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Interesting that you advocate monistic idealism, which, according to
> Wikipedia, is the same as Yogacara's mind only theory, isn't it? If so, I ask
> you simple questions:
>
> Is mind itself real or illusory?
> Is mind's object real or illusory?
>
> Anthony

  Hi Anthony. In my opinion, The One Mind is real in the sense of
  inherent existence. In my opinion, Mind's objects exist like
  reflections in a mirror. Reflections exists as reflections, but
  they do not exist apart from the mirror. I don't believe that an
  advocate of strict Yogacara would say that, but an advocate of the
  Tathagatagarbha, as explicated in The Mahaparanirvana Sutra might.
  My personal view is really a fusion of the Mind-Only and
  Tathagatagarbha view-points. I do not believe that change is
  real, but is rather a projection of consciousness. In my opinion,
  impermanence and lack of inherent existence apply only to
  reflected phenomena. If you would like explore the Tathagatagarbha
  view-point, which most Buddhists are not familiar with, please go
  to www.nirvanasutra.net
  Steve