Merle,

I did give it to myself - just now...Bill!

--- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@...> wrote:
>
> 
> 
>  that would be correct bill!...did you give it to yourself?..merle
> 
> 
>   
> Joe,
> 
> My Dharma-name is 'rotting roadkill'...Bill!
> 
> --- In [email protected], "Joe" <desert_woodworker@> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Merle,
> > 
> > Thanks for taking my sometimes unwarranted sniping in such a good spirit.  
> > Really, I do not deserve your kindness.  No, seriously.
> > 
> > I'm probably a better friend when I am quiet.
> > 
> > But when all we have is the printed page, well..., I hope I do not come off 
> > looking mostly bad, most of the time.
> > 
> > I have high hopes for and faith in Humanity.
> > 
> > Merle, maybe your Dharma-name is "Snowflake".  But, to make it... err-r, 
> > uhh-h, more "ZEN", maybe it is "MOUNTAIN Snowflake".  Wow; I can just hear 
> > it falling into the valley, seen and heard from our aerie up above.  This, 
> > to me, is an experience that puts me in a very "still" state, conducive to 
> > long and comfortable sits afterwards.  No wonder so much of our Zen 
> > heritage -- in its development -- took place at mountain practice-centers, 
> > in old China; and, Japan.
> > 
> > But I also have mountains in my blood, and in my name, and lived and worked 
> > for years in the Andes of Chile; and Hawai'i; and Arizona.
> > 
> > Well, only you or a teacher can give you a Dharma name.  Do you think 
> > "Mountain Snowflake" is too delicate?; or, does it "resonate"?  Pardon this 
> > question, quite out of the blue.  Or out of a cloud.
> > 
> > If you were to want a Dharma name, and wanted to choose one for yourself, I 
> > wonder, ...what would it be?  Lots of "ifs", there, or at least a couple.  
> > Forgive my presumptuousness, pls.  Or, maybe you've thought about this?
> > 
> > Cheers,
> > 
> > Your cous',
> > 
> > --Cousin-Joe
> > 
> > > Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@> wrote:
> > >
> > > joe.. i like that description of the snowflake..beautiful
> > >  i certainly respect your thoughts and believe you me, i do listen to 
> > > you and learn... yes practise indeed...i am learning
> > >
> >
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to