Thanks, Mike.
Kudos!
Merle knows it was not an "attack".
But she is so sensitive that even a snowflake landing could provoke her to put
on hearing protection, I think.
Some people have thin skin, but it is not a weakness.
Anyway, Merle is my beloved Cousin. Try though we may, we cannot dis-own each
other.
I wish Australia were the 51st State (!).
And you are RIGHT, Mike. I'm just disgusted with the use of the word "Zen" as
some kind of commentary on how far-out something is. To me, that's
"drug-talk", it's not what I have practiced and taught for 35 years. And so I
mention it to Merle, and give her the heads-up about her talking that way, so
she will not be instantly pegged AS SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER PRACTICED.
Because... only people who have NEVER PRACTICED ever, ever, talk that way.
Maybe being so pegged is unimportant to those who are NOT sensitive. But
that's why I mentioned it to Merle, and urged her to cut it out, if she were to
understand me and my concern for her.
And I used the disgusting mirror-example: "Picasso is so *ART*!"
Picasso had nothing to DO with Art!
And weird situations have nothing to do with Zen.
Picasso shows us reality.
So does Zen.
...If only we will wake up.
It's not possible without correct practice.
I won't urge "Strong practice!", as I usually do. Those of you who are
inclined to practice, will practice, or do already practice. Good.
Those who are not INCLINED to practice, will RECLINE: snooze, snores, and
bed-sores.
I'm putting my most positive spin on all this, today.
Thanks again, Mike! You have read my post correctly, I'll say. ;-)
--Joe
> mike brown <uerusuboyo@...> wrote:
>
> Merle,
>
> Was it an "attack" or?:
>
> Criticism can be a way for one human
> being to help another...This feedback is intended to
> be helpful.
>
> I can't speak for Joe, but I'm sure his intention wasn't an attack but a
> gentle nudge towards showing what Zen isn't.
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/