On 11/29/2012 6:55 PM, Joe wrote:
So, what's going on in *your* life? ...
You wrote lines about wine and animals.

I live as a semi-recluse in a forested cove in the mountains of western NC; by "semi" I mean that I drive into town to buy supplies when I need to, but otherwise prefer to remain on the mountain. I am working toward leaving an essentially self-sufficient homestead for my wife, sons, and grandchildren. The only animals I keep in captivity (now) are chickens, currently 63 of them, and a pig, but I feed deer and turkey, as well as other birds, during the winter following a failed acorn crop, such as occurred last year and this, or when there is deep snow on the ground. So that's what "feeding critters" is about. I raise as much of our food as is convenient, and the same for animal feed. So that is what the sowing, tending, and reaping is about; the ATtending is about Ikkyu and me. I make wine from the wild blackberries, as well as our cherries, plums, pears, and grapes, so that covers the rest of what I wrote.

RAF