On 14 Apr 2016, at 10:46, Jeff Shanab <jsha...@jfs-tech.com> wrote:

> I am also a mostly silent lurker and will probably not follow a google group.
> :-(

I've no particular beef for or against Google Groups, but it is entirely
possible
to follow them like a normal mailing list. The signup feature is hidden a
little,
but you can get it to send every message to your by email, and you can reply by
email. I participate in several lists that work this way (the raft mailing
list being an example off the top of my head).

The main problem is that if most people use the Google Groups interface, a lot
of them seem to reply trimming all context, which makes following conversations
hard.

--
Alex Bligh