Also a 'nay' on Google Groups from me.

And I also concur with Lionel Orry: Librelist is just awesome.
Personally I've had the best mailing list experience with lists hosted
their - although that might just say something about the quality of the
projects hosted there.

Afaik it also uses mailman and from their help page as a list owner you
seem to have good access to archive data, so porting them over is
probably easily doable. But you can simply send an E-Mail to
m...@librelist.com and ask, the guy running the show is really nice.

best,
alex.