I have to take back my vote for librelist. By chance I read some Mails
from Flask (a python web-framework) which used to host their
mailing-lists there and decided to move to mail.python.org. Turns out
librelist didn't use mailman and some users were unable to subscribe to
the list, while Zed Shaw seems to have abandoned his librelist project.[1]

So bugs, non-conventional software and halting development throws
librelist out of the race.

Another thing: Personally I couldn't find a mailman hoster that's free
for opensource projects. Unless you'd count riseup.[2]

[1]:
[2]: https://lists.riseup.net/