On 15/08/06, Lori Alt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 02:26:24PM -0600, Lori Alt wrote:
>
>>>What about Express?
>>
>>Probably not any time soon.  If it makes U4,
>>I think that would make it available in Express late
>>this year.
>

> Is there a specific Nevada build you are going to target?  I'd love to
> start testing this as soon as possible.  I have both SPARC and x86 here
> to play with.

You need more than a Nevada build.  You also need the
installation code.  We're working on an OpenSolaris
community web page for zfs-boot.  On that web page
will be links to files that can be downloaded for
putting together a netinstall image or a DVD for
installing a system with a zfs root file system.
We hope to have that available in the next few weeks.

That's excellent news Lori, thanks to everyone who's working
on this. Are you planning to use a single pool,
or an 'os pool/application pool' split?

As an aside, is there a general method to generate bootable
opensolaris DVDs? The only way I know of getting opensolaris on
is installing sxcr and then BFUing on top.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/