Economics for one.

We run a number of testing environments which mimic the production one.
But we don't want to spend $750,000 on EMC storage each time when
something costing $200,000 will do the job we need.

At the moment we have over 100TB on four SE6140s and we're very happy
with the solution. ZFS is saving a lot of money for us because it
enables solutions that weren't viable before.