> > On 11/7/07, can you guess?
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
> However, ZFS is not the *only* open-source approach
> which may allow that to happen, so the real question
> becomes just how it compares with equally inexpensive
> current and potential alternatives (and that would
> make for an interesting discussion that I'm not sure
> I have time to initiate tonight).
>
> - bill

Hi bill, only a question:
I'm an ex linux user migrated to solaris for zfs and its checksumming; you say
there are other open-source alternatives but, for a linux end user, I'm aware
only of Oracle btrfs (http://oss.oracle.com/projects/btrfs/), who is a
Checksumming Copy on Write Filesystem not in a final state.

what *real* alternatives are you referring to???

if I missed something tell me, and I'll happily stay with linux with my data
checksummed and snapshotted.

bye

---
Stefano Spinucci