On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Uwe Dippel <udip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This might sound sooo simple, but it isn't. I read the ZFS Administration
> Guide and it did not give an answer; at least no simple answer, simple enough
> for me to understand.
> The intention is to follow the thread "Easiest way to replace a boot disk
> with a larger one".
> The command given would be
> zpool attach rpool /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 /dev/dsk/c2d0s0
> as far as I understand in my case. What it says is "cannot open
> '/dev/dsk/c2d0s0': No such device or address". format shows that the
> partition exists:

The output you gave shows that there is an fdisk partition.

If you're going to use it then you'll need to at the very least put a
label on it.

format -> partition should offer to label it.

You can then set the size of s0 (to be the same as s2, if you want to use the
full disk), and write the label again.

--
-Peter Tribble