On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:13 PM, dick hoogendijk <d...@nagual.nl> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:02:31 PST
> Uwe Dippel <udip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now I modified the slice s0, so that is doesn't overlap with s2 (the
> > whole disk) any longer:
> >
> > Part      Tag    Flag     Cylinders         Size            Blocks
> >   0       root    wm       3 - 10432      159.80GB    (10430/0/0)
> > 335115900 1 unassigned    wm       0                0
> > (0/0/0)             0 2     backup    wu       0 - 10441
> > 159.98GB    (10442/0/0) 335501460
>
> As mentioned previously you do not need to fiddle with partitions and
slices if you don't want to use less than the entire disk.

If you want to add the entire Solaris partition to the zfs pool as a mirror,
use
zpool attach -f rpool c1d0s0 c2d0s2

If you want to add the entire physical disk to the pool as a mirror, use
zpool attach rpool c1d0s0 c2d0p0

If you want to Extend the pool using the space in the entire Solaris
partition, use
zpool add -f rpool c2d0s2

If you want to Extend the pool using the entire physical disk, use
zpool add rpool c2d0p0

The -f to force is required to override the bug about s2 overlapping with
other slices.  The above assume you have not modified s2 to be anything
other than the entire Solaris partition, as is the default.

The only time to use anything other than s2 or p0 is when you specifically
want to use less than the whole partition or disk.  In that case you need to
define slices/partitions.

   Arthur C. Clarke

My blog: http://initialprogramload.blogspot.com