Thank you Bob and Richard. I will go with A, as it also keeps things simple.
One physical device per pool.

-Scott

On 10/20/09 6:46 PM, "Bob Friesenhahn" <bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Richard Elling wrote:
>>
>> The ZIL device will never require more space than RAM.
>> In other words, if you only have 16 GB of RAM, you won't need
>> more than that for the separate log.
>
> Does the wasted storage space annoy you? :-)
>
> What happens if the machine is upgraded to 32GB of RAM later?
>
> The write performace of the X25-E is likely to be the bottleneck for a
> write-mostly storage server if the storage server has excellent
> network connectivity.
>
> Bob
> --
> Bob Friesenhahn
> bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/

We value your opinion!  How may we serve you better?
Please click the survey link to tell us how we are doing:
http://www.craneae.com/ContactUs/VoiceofCustomer.aspx
Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for your time.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics Confidentiality Statement:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments
from
your electronic files.