Thanks Ed. It sounds like you have run in this mode? No issues with the perc?

--
Scott Meilicke

On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:59 PM, "Edward Ned Harvey" <sola...@nedharvey.com> wrote:

System:
Dell 2950
16G RAM
16 1.5T SATA disks in a SAS chassis hanging off of an LSI 3801e, no
extra drive slots, a single zpool.
svn_124, but with my zpool still running at the 2009.06 version (14).

My plan is to put the SSD into an open disk slot on the 2950, but will
have to configure it as a RAID 0, since the onboard PERC5 controller
does not have a JBOD mode.

You can JBOD with the perc. It might be technically a raid0 or raid1 with a
single disk in it, but that would be functionally equivalent to JBOD.

We value your opinion! How may we serve you better? Please click the survey link to tell us how we are doing:
http://www.craneae.com/ContactUs/VoiceofCustomer.aspx
Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for your time.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics Confidentiality Statement:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.