In the "Thoughts on ZFS Pool Backup Strategies thread" it was stated that zfs
send, sends uncompress data and uses the ARC.

If "zfs send" sends uncompress data which has already been compress this is not
very efficient, and it would be *nice* to see it send the original compress
data. (or an option to do it)

I thought I would ask a true or false type questions mainly for curiosity sake.

If "zfs send" uses standard ARC cache (when something is not already in the
ARC) I would expect this to hurt (to some degree??) the performance of the
system. (ie I assume it has the effect of replacing current/useful data in the
cache with not very useful/old data depending on how large the ZFS send is)

If above true,  zfs send and “zfs backup” (if it the cmd existed to backup and
restore a file or set of files with all ZFS attributes) would improve the
performance of normal read/write by avoiding the ARC cache (or if easier to
implement having its own private ARC cache).

Or does it use the same sort of code, as setting “primarycache=none” on a file
system.

Has anyone monitored ARC hit rates while doing a large zfs send?

Cheers