Hi all,

I've noticed something strange in the throughput in my zpool between
different snv builds, and I'm not sure if it's an inherent difference
in the build or a kernel parameter that is different in the builds.
I've setup two similiar machines and this happens with both of them.
Each system has 16 2TB Samsung HD203WI drives (total) directly connected
to two LSI 3081E-R 1068e cards with IT firmware in one raidz3 vdev.

In both computers, after a fresh installation of snv 134, the throughput
is a maximum of about 300 MB/s during scrub or something like
"dd if=/dev/zero bs=1024k of=bigfile".

If I bfu to snv 138, I then get throughput of about 700 MB/s with both
scrub or a single thread dd.

I assumed at first this was some sort of bug or regression in 134 that
made it slow.  However, I've now tested also from the fresh 134
installation, compiling the OS/Net build 143 from the mercurial
repository and booting into it, after which the dd throughput is still
only about 300 MB/s just like snv 134.  The scrub throughput in 143
is even slower, rarely surpassing 150 MB/s.  I wonder if the scrubbing
being extra slow here is related to the additional statistics displayed
during the scrub that didn't used to be shown.

Is there some kind of debug option that might be enabled in the 134 build
and persist if I compile snv 143 which would be off if I installed a 138
through bfu?  If not, it makes me think that the bfu to 138 is changing
the configuration somewhere to make it faster rather than fixing a bug or
being a debug flag on or off.  Does anyone have any idea what might be
happening?  One thing I haven't tried is bfu'ing to 138, and from this
faster working snv 138 installing the snv 143 build, which may possibly
create a 143 that performs faster if it's simply a configuration parameter.
I'm not sure offhand if installing source-compiled ON builds from a bfu'd
rpool is supported, although I suppose it's simple enough to try.

Thanks,
Chad Cantwell