Hi all,

Let me tell you all that the MC/S *does* make a difference...I
had a windows fileserver using an ISCSI connection to a host running
snv_134 with an average speed of 20-35 mb/s...After the upgrade to snv_151a
(Solaris 11 express) this same fileserver got a performance boost and now
has an average speed of 55-60mb/s.

Not double performance, but WAY better
, specially if we consider that this performance boost was purely software
based :)

Nice...nice job COMSTAR guys!

Bruno

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010
19:49:59 -0500, Jim Dunham  wrote:   On Nov 16, 2010, at 6:37 PM, Ross
Walker wrote:   On Nov 16, 2010, at 4:04 PM, Tim Cook  wrote:    AFAIK,
esx/i doesn't support L4 hash, so that's a non-starter.
 For iSCSI one
just needs to have a second (third or fourth...) iSCSI session on a
different IP to the target and run mpio/mpxio/mpath whatever your OS calls
multi-pathing.    MC/S (Multiple Connections per Sessions) support was
added to the iSCSI Target in COMSTAR, now available in Oracle Solaris 11
Express.   - Jim    -Ross

This
message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MAILSCANNER
[3], and is
believed to be clean.

--