On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pa...@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:14:10AM +0000, Bruno Sousa wrote:
>>    Hi all,
>>
>>    Let me tell you all that the MC/S *does* make a difference...I had a
>>    windows fileserver using an ISCSI connection to a host running snv_134
>>    with an average speed of 20-35 mb/s...After the upgrade to snv_151a
>>    (Solaris 11 express) this same fileserver got a performance boost and now
>>    has an average speed of 55-60mb/s.
>>
>>    Not double performance, but WAY better , specially if we consider that
>>    this performance boost was purely software based :)
>>

> Did you verify you're using more connections after the update?
> Or was is just *other* COMSTAR (and/or kernel) updates making the difference..

This is true. If someone wasn't utilizing 1Gbps before MC/S then going
to MC/S won't give you more, as you weren't using what you had (in
fact added latency in MC/S may give you less!).

I am going to say that the speed improvement from 134->151a was due to
OS and comstar improvements and not the MC/S.

-Ross