On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:31:32 -0500, Ross Walker <rswwal...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pa...@iki.fi> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:14:10AM +0000, Bruno Sousa wrote:
>>>    Hi all,
>>>
>>>    Let me tell you all that the MC/S *does* make a difference...I had
>>>    windows fileserver using an ISCSI connection to a host running
>>> snv_134
>>>    with an average speed of 20-35 mb/s...After the upgrade to snv_151a
>>>    (Solaris 11 express) this same fileserver got a performance boost
>>> and now
>>>    has an average speed of 55-60mb/s.
>>>
>>>    Not double performance, but WAY better , specially if we consider
>>> that
>>>    this performance boost was purely software based :)
>>>

>> Did you verify you're using more connections after the update?
>> Or was is just *other* COMSTAR (and/or kernel) updates making the
>> difference..
>
> This is true. If someone wasn't utilizing 1Gbps before MC/S then going
> to MC/S won't give you more, as you weren't using what you had (in
> fact added latency in MC/S may give you less!).
>
> I am going to say that the speed improvement from 134->151a was due to
> OS and comstar improvements and not the MC/S.
>
> -Ross

Well, with the snv_134  the storage and fileserver used a single gigabit
connection for their ISCSI traffic. After the upgrade to snv_151a, the
fileserver and storage are capable of using 2 gigabit connections, in a
round-robin fashion i think.

So if this only MC/S or not, i don't have technical expertise for confirm
it or not, but it does makes a big difference in my environment.

Bruno

believed to be clean.