Hi, I have a very limited amount of bandwidth between main office and a colocated rack of servers in a managed datacenter. My hope is to be able to zfs send/recv small incremental changes on a nightly basis as a secondary offsite backup strategy. My question is about the initial "seed" of the data. Is it possible to use a portable drive to copy the initial zfs filesystem(s) to the remote location and then make the subsequent incrementals over the network? If so, what would I need to do to make sure it is an exact copy? Thank you,
Mark