On 08/ 4/11 10:52 PM, Stuart James Whitefish wrote:
Ian wrote:
Put your old drive in a USB enclosure and connect it
to another system in order to read back the data.
Given that update 9 can't import the pool is this really worth trying?

I would use a newer (express maybe) system.

Most modern boards will be boot from a live USB
stick.
True but I haven't found a way to get an ISO onto a USB that my system can boot
from it. I was using DD to copy the iso to the usb drive. Is there some other
way?

Recent OpenSolaris based builds have a handy utility usbcopy.

This is really frustrating. I haven't had any problems with Linux filesystems
but I heard ZFS was safer. It's really ironic that I lost access to so much
data after moving it to ZFS. Isn't there any way to get them back on my newly
installed U8 system? If I disconnect this pool the system starts fine.
Otherwise my questions above in my summary post might be key to getting this
working.

If you have support, badger them.  Otherwise use a newer system.

--
Ian.